The Victoria Health and Wellness Center (VHWC) is looking for a full-time Nurse for its groundbreaking transgender-specific community center, the first in the Philippines, located in Taft Avenue, Manila.
VHWC is the FIRST TRANSGENDER-SPECIFIC Health and Wellness Center in the Philippines that aims to provide a holistic package of health services for Transgender Persons, with focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health.
It is manged by LoveYourself, Inc., an established provider of health and wellness services, including Voluntary Counseling and Testing for HIV/AIDS for Key Affected Populations, particularly LGBTIQ communities. LoveYourself also manages the Anglo and Uni Community Centers which account for 52% of new HIV-AIDS cases in Metro Manila and 32% of all cases in the Philippines in the year 2015 alone. TLY Clinics and Health Centers are satellite clinics of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine or RITM of the Department of Health of the Philippines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares all consultation rooms.
– Checks for the completeness of supplies needed.
– Ensures the cleanliness and orderliness of the consultation areas.
2. Accomplishes daily checklist of equipment/reports and defective equipments/ instruments for immediate repair.
3. Ensures that all clinic supplies/forms needed for the day are complete.
4. Makes sure that endorsement log book is read every day to keep you update of the clinic procedures/situations.
5. Receives patients, checks charts if all data are completely filled up.
6. Establishes rapport to gain patient’s trust, confidence, and cooperation.
7. Ensures that results of all laboratory/diagnostic exams requested are attached to the chart.
8. Directs patients and assists doctors during examination/procedure as needed.
9. Refers patients properly to the health service providers and or partner NGOs for appropriate service/s needed.
10. Provides HIV Pre and Post Test counseling to clients.
1. A licensed Nurse.
2. Membership in professional nurses’ association is ideal but not a strict requirement.
3. Preferably with 1-2 years’ experience as a clinic nurse in an outpatient facility or hospital.
4. Preferably a trained HIV counselor.
FAIR HIRING POLICY
LoveYourself is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from the gay, bisexual, and transgender community who have experience in non-profit and community development work.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) letter and updated CV/resume (with list of character references), via email to [email protected] (cc: [email protected]) on or before May 10, 2017 (Wednesday), addressed to Mr. Ronivin Pagtakhan, President/CEO, LoveYourself Inc. Please indicate in the subject VHWC-NURSE. Technical review of documents, interview and written exam will be facilitated and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself. Please take note that this is for immediate hiring to be based in Metro Manila.