LoveYourself Inc. partnership with APCOM, is looking for a Campaign Assistant Officer for Regional City Based HIV Testing Campaign: Test MNL.
APCOM has been engaged in responding to the urgent needs of MSM in Asia and the Pacific at both a policy and programmatic level. At a multi-stakeholder consultation on “Ending AIDS in Asia- Re-strategizing the MSM response” held 21-22 January 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand, UNAIDS RST-AP was tasked to coordinate a regional ‘Call to Action’. As a result, UNAIDS, UNDP and APCOM collaborated on a special MSM feature in the HIV in Asia Pacific: UNAIDS Report 2013 calling on partners to better “focus, invest, empower and mobilize” to provide innovative, tailored programming and effective responses to at- risk communities.
To ensure sustained action in response to the ‘Call to Action’, In 2013 APCOM received seed funding from UNAIDS and further assistance for Population Services International (PSI) Thailand to implement a pilot project for Regional City-Based HIV Testing Campaign: TestXXX, called TestBKK. APCOM would also like to roll this out to other cities in the region such as Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Manila in the Philippines
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identifying and liaising with clinical, community and technical partners during the initiation and the implementation of the campaign
- Developing campaign’s creative assets and key messages with involvement of clinical, community and technical partners
- Developing and ensuring the production of campaign’s online products (video series, website, etc)
- Developing and ensuring the production of campaign’s offline products (condom packaging, memorabilia, etc)
- Convening events of the campaign including campaign activation (launch event), outreach event and other special
- Collaborating with academic surveyor in conducting research to assess campaign’s awareness
- Collaborating with clinical partners in putting in place a system to track the exposure of campaign to the clinic visitors
- Liaising with clinical partners in capturing the numbers of unique visitors who get tested
- Liaising with clinical partners in capturing the numbers of unique visitors who get tested, tested positive and enrolled in HIV care continuum
- Establishing campaign’s social media presence
- Managing campaign’s above-the-line and below-the-line communication/advertisings
- Identifying, and thus, managing partnership with social media influencers and other private parties that would benefit the campaign’s branding, productivity and/or cost effectiveness.
- Providing translation support, where needed
- Where appropriate, communicating the campaign’s result through Manila-based venues/meetings hosted by the government, civil society, academics and/or development sectors
- Identifying potential resource mobilization sources
- Reporting the campaign’s performance progress and evaluation to APCOM
- Collaborating with LoveYourself’s finance team in ensuring the reporting of financial progress and evaluation to APCOM
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Post/Undergraduate degree of Communication, Development Studies, Social Service or any related fields
- At least 2 years of proven track record of developing and implementing effective campaign strategies, including in a leadership role, in HIV or key population-related health and/or rights issues.
- Ability to construct digital and social media campaign platforms
- Good understanding of how HIV testing and linking those who are tested positive is a detrimental factor in eliminating AIDS
- Experience of undertaking or commissioning research to meet campaign needs.
- Proven track record in developing creative campaigns that challenge structural barriers to HIV, health and human rights, or broader development challenges.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating progress against campaign objectives.
- Ability to manage offline and online advertising products
- Proven writing skills in both English and local language, with demonstrated experience of writing or commissioning materials for a diverse range of audiences, including writing for the web, preparing online campaign actions, and managing web content.
- Proven commitment to effective financial management of campaigns.
- Proven commitment to strategic social networking with social influencers
- Media-trained and willingness to act as a media spokesperson.
- Experience of working in a participatory, gender and culturally sensitive way with key stakeholders, partners and networks.
- Experience of organizing and executing to a high standard key campaign events.
Abilities and Skill
- Excellent management and planning skills and ability to oversee delivery of high quality events and materials in line with a campaign strategy and work plan.
- Ability to build relationships across organisations and to engage diverse stakeholders in the events/product being overseen
- Willingness to share campaigning information and to build support for campaigning among colleagues and external partners.
- Understanding of and interest in approaches to public campaigning and supporter engagement.
- Ability to formulate campaign messaging, translating complex policy asks and research findings into campaignable demands of target audience
- Knowledge in use of social media to engage target audience
- Proven ability to develop strategic alliances externally, particularly with non-health, popular social influencers/community
FAIR HIRING POLICY
LoveYourself Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from the gay, bisexual, and transgender community who have experience in non-profit and community development work.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) letter together with the applicant’s CV/resume, via e-mail to [email protected] and cc: [email protected] on or before October 28, 2016 (Friday), 5:00 pm (PH time), addressed to Mr. Ronnivin G. Pagtakhan Executive Director of LoveYourself Inc. technical review of documents will be done and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself Inc.
Technical review of documents, phone and face-to-face interviews, and written exam will be facilitated and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself. Please take note that this is for immediate hiring to be based in Metro Manila with expected start date on November 2, 2016.
For the hired applicant, the following documents will need to be prepared and submitted within two weeks upon hiring: SSS, TIN, Pag-IBIG and Philhealth numbers, police and NBI clearances, and medical certificate.